Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ylloh and Yeldarb

Today Brad presented me with a suggestion to make shopping more mentally stimulating. (I frequently complain that I never do anything to keep my brain from atrophying away besides the Sudokus in the Daily Universe)
Brad said, "Write everything on your shopping list backwards, and then try to find it."
"Brilliant!" I said, and then we couldn't help but try it out by saying different words backwards including our names and, in doing this, determined that Brad's mind does not work well at all backwards and mine actually functions closer to normal speed than when I think and talk forwards.
So all day long I've been calling Brad "yeldarb," and he tells me that I need to join the Medieval club so I can be with people of my own kind. It probably doesn't help that I've been wearing my retainers full-time for the last week after getting new ones.
Brad's just now figuring out that he really married a 16-year-old nerd, and there's no returning me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment